Getting to & around Luang Namtha
Luang Namtha is accessible by air, land and river. The most popular overland routes to and from the province start and end at Bokeo Province “Laos-Thailand Friendship Bridge 4” and Luang Prabang. There is an international border crossing at Boten (Laos-China) and regular air service from Vientiane on Lao Airlines. For adventuresome travelers, try a journey up the Mekong River from Ban Houay Xay to Xieng Kok in Muang Long, or a 2-day river journey up the Nam Tha River, which also originates in Ban Houy Xay. Once you reach the province, local transport by Tuk Tuk, the bus or a Song Thaew is inexpensive and easy to arrange. For short trips, many people get around by renting bicycles.
- Laos-Thailand Friendship Bridge 4 “Bokeo Province” the public bus two time per day, departure 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM, only 3 hours.
- Vientiane-Luang Namtha by Lao Airline, departure daily, only an hour.
- Vientiane-Luang Namtha by public bus, departure daily 8:00 AM, more than 20 hours.
- Luang Prabang-Luang Namtha by public bus a time per day, departure 8:30 AM, more than 10 hours.
- Odomxay-Luang Namtha the public bus two time per day, departure 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM, only 3 hours.
- Houay Xay to Xieng Kok on the Mekong River only slow boat, now no speed boat; 2-day river journey up the Nam Tha River have to book with local boatman or local tour agency.
Located far from the town 5 Km, the plane departure daily from Vientiane-Luang Namtha-Vientiane only.
Lao Airlines Vientiane (VTE)
- Ticketing and Reservations Office
- Tel: (856-21) 510040 or 1626; Fax: (856-21) 211054
- Email (Ticketing and Reservation Division): email@example.com
- Email (online booking Division): firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Laoskyway Hotel, Asean Road, Ban Wattay Yai thong, Sikhodtabong District, Vientiane Capital, Lao P.D.R, P.O Box 6618
- Telephone: (+856) 21 513022, 512027
- Fax: (+856) 21 512027
- Email (General): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email (Service): email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/laoskyway
- Call center: 1441
Domestic Bus Station:
Located in the town, the public minivan/bus/Tuk Tuktransport between districts to districts such as:
- Luang Namtha-Muang Sing; 4-5 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Long town; 2-3 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Nalae town; 1-2 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Vieng Phoukha; 2-3 time per day
External Bus Station:
Located far from the town only 10 Km, the public minivan/bus/Tuk Tuk transport between Luang Namtha to another province such as:
- Luang Namtha-Bokeo “Laos-Thailand border”; 2 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Oudomxay; 2 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Luang Prabang; 1-2 time per day
- Luang Namtha-Vientiane; 1 time per day