Trip OverviewVisit total of nine ethnic minority groups located on the road 17 B and Muang Sing valley, visit hidden waterfall, biking through the Nam Ha National Protected Area, stay overnight at the Akha and Yao villages, have breakfast in Muang Sing morning market, visit the Muang Sing Museum (open from Monday to Friday, only) and the stupa of Xieng Tung.
Tour ID: NT-BK-06.
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
Departure: 9:00 AM daily.
Difficulty: Easy-Moderate level, but short biking up and down of hillocks or off road.
ItineraryDay 1: Luang Namtha-Muang Sing (75 Km).
Start at 9:00 AM from the office, visit ethnic groups are settled on the road to Muang Sing town, they are Khmu, Akha, Tai Dam, Tai Lue and Yao. Lunch will be provided at the Pha Yuang Waterfall before reaching Muang Sing town, the home of historical, cultures and tradition. Continue to the village of Yao we will stay overnight for the first day call “Ban Sai Leck”. While waiting for dinner you might walk around and learn about their way of life and traditions, etc…
Day 2: Muang Sing-Muang Sing Valley (40 Km).
After breakfast with indigenous food at the homestay, you will bike to the villages of Ban Jong Kha, Ban Nam Mai they are Yao village, Nam Daet Mai, Ban Nam Daet Som Boun, Ban Pa Ya Luang, Ban Pha Bath Luang they are Akha villages. After lunch you continue to visit Ban Pong Siew, Ban Pha Bath Noy (Akha villages), Ban Nong Kham (Tai Lue and Lolo village); you reach the Phou Iu II Bungalows where you stay overnight about 4:00 PM.
Day 3: Muang Sing-Luang Namtha (65 Km).
The best time to visit the Muang Sing morning market is about 7:00 AM where also breakfast will be provided (local food) around 8:00 AM. Next you visit the Muang Sing museum (open from Monday to Friday, only), Tai Dam weaving village. Visit the stupa of Xieng Tung, which is located on a mountain 900 m up from the main road. Lunch will be served on the road before continuing to Luang Namtha where you finally will enjoy local food at the night market.
- Season: All year around.
- Distance approx.: 6-7 hours per day.
- Road condition: Paved roads 70% and dirt road.
- Activities: Biking, visit ethnic minority groups along the way and Muang Sing.
- Bicycles: Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Transport: Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Accommodation: Day 1: Yao lodge, Day 2: Phou Iu II Bungalows.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Maximum: To be determined.
What to bring: Shoes for biking, mosquito repellent, sunscreen change of clothes, flashlight, raincoat (in the rainy season), your own medicine and money to buy handicrafts.
Others: Please let us know in advance if you are vegetarian; please be at our office at 8:30 am, you are welcome to contact us beforehand if you have any questions!
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Accommodation: Day 1: Yao lodge, Day 2: Phou Iu Bungalows.
- Meals-Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Breakfast x 2.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit and Provincial tax on net income.
Send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 200 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la