Trip OverviewVisit ethnic minority groups are settled along the road No. 17B mainly Akha and other such as: Lanten, Khmu, Tai Dam, Tai Lue and Yao to see and learning about their culture and traditional, riding through Nam Ha National Protected Area, stay overnight at an Akha lodge, visit Muang Sing morning market, the Muang Sing Museum (open Monday to Friday, only) and the stupa of Xieng Tung.
Tour ID: NT-BK-05.
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
Departure: 9:00 AM daily.
Difficulty: Easy-Moderate level, but short biking up and down of hillocks or off road.
ItineraryDay 1: Luang Namtha-Muang Sing (75 Km).
Cycling from the office at 9:00 AM, visit ethnic groups are settled along the road to Muang Sing town mainly Akha and other such as: Khmu, Tai Dam, Tai Lue and Yao). Lunch will be provided at the Pha Yuang waterfall before reaching Muang Sing town the home of historical, cultures and traditional. Continue to Akha lodge in Ban Nam Daet Mai. While waiting for dinner you might walk around and learn about their way of life and traditions, etc… After dinner, you will receive an Akha massage which is traditionally given to guests.
Day 2: Muang Sing-Luang Namtha (65 Km).
The best time to visit the Muang Sing morning market is about 7:00 AM, where also breakfast will have provided (local food) around 8:00 AM. Next you visit the Muang Sing museum (open from Monday to Friday, only), afterwards the Tai Dam village (the village of weaving). Visit the stupa of Xieng Tung, which is located on a mountain 900 m up from see level. Lunch will be served on the road before continuing down to Luang Namtha where you finally will enjoy local food at the night market.
- Season: All year around.
- Distance approx.: 6-7 hours per day.
- Road condition: 80% paved roads, some dirt roads.
- Activities: Biking, Visit ethnic minority groups as mention in the
- Bicycles: Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Transport: Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Accommodation: Akha lodge.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Maximum: To be determined.
What to bring: Shoes for biking, mosquito repellent, sunscreen change of clothes, flashlight, raincoat (in the rainy season), your own medicine and money to buy handicraft.
Others: Please let us know in advance if you are vegetarian; please be at our office at 8:30 am, you are welcome to contact us beforehand if you have any questions!
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Accommodation: Akha lodge.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit and Provincial tax on net income.
Send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 100 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: lternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la