Trip OverviewThe first night stay with Tai Youn family, your activities join the traditional Tai Youn Baci-ceremony, traditional performance, Lamvong Lao, your participate & practice such as: prepare Baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower. The second homestay is Tai Deang, you will see & take part Laos Whisky making, traditional weaving, black smith, bamboo basket making, Tai Deang Baci-ceremony, practice & learning how to process natural dyeing & traditional weaving.
Tour ID: LT-HS-04.
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
Duration: 2 night & 3 days.
Departure: 3:30 pm.
Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
ItineraryDay 1: Luang Namtha- Tai Youn Homestay
Start at 3:30 PM from our office by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to Ban Vieng Neua only 15 minutes, you will get warm welcome from homestay owner, the local guide will take you walk around the village visit field, Nam Tha river, Tai Youn temple. Next join a traditional Baci-ceremony, traditional performance, Lamvong Lao, test local food prepare by owner homestay, talk with homestay owner & go to bed.
Day 2: Tai Youn Homestay-CBT activities-Ban Pieng Ngam Homestay
In the morning you have time walk around the village to see different style of life, after breakfast join community based tourism activities as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower. After lunch, visit old temple of Luang Namtha town, next direct to Tai Deang Village “Ban Pieng Ngam” the villages of homestay & are famous for their many different handicrafts, walk around the village to see & learning how to process Laos Whisky making, traditional weaving, blacksmith, bamboo basket making, before dinner participate a traditional Baci-ceremony, overnight in Tao Deang house style.
Day 3: Ban Pieng Ngam Homestay-CBT activities-Luang Namtha town
In the morning walk around in the village, after breakfast participate & practice community based tourism activities with local people such as: step of natural dyeing & traditional weaving, after lunch visit Tai Dam Village “Ban Nam Ngaen” the village who process of making the famous Lao rice whiskey, visit Phoum Pouk stupa, Luang Namtha stupa, back to Luang Namtha town.
- Leader guide “English speaking tour guide” & Local guide “who knowledge village traditional & culture”
- Covered transport “Local Tuk Tuk” or Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400 mountain bike”
- Accommodation “Homestay” stay with family
- Local meals depend on season
- Homestay owner service charge
- Drinking water during the trip
- Cultural performance, traditional Baci-ceremony & Community based tourism activities mention
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the family
- Tour permit & provincial tax on net income.
- Tour ID: LT-HS-04.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 2 night & 3 days.
- Departure: 3:30 pm.
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
Bring a small backpack which should contain following items:
- Shoes; a good pair of running shoes are perfect, or even better are the lightweight trekking boots.
- 2 T-shirts (cotton), one short or long pant.
- 2 pair of socks. Sandals, flip-flop (for the evening in village).
- Towel (or sarong), swimming suits, toilet and personal effects.
- Personal prescription drugs, contact lenses, glasses.
- Sun-cream (waterproof), hat, sunglasses. Mosquito repellent.
- 1 long sleeves sweater and pants, or jogging suits.
- Small flashlight, camera and films.
Homestay: participants must be aware that there are no western-style toilets & washing facilities. Sleeping is on a bamboo or wood floor, dormitory style. Sleeping bags, foam mats & mosquito nets are supplied.
Note: Homestay itinerary is a basic guideline only & subject to change.
All homestay are supervised by Luang Namtha Provincial of Information, Culture & Tourism Department (PICTD), Laos Community Based Tourism (Laos-CBT) & Phou Iu Travel-Eco-tours which means all areas are frequented by tourists.
Send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 100 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la