Trip OverviewExperience the Tai Youn culture & tradition, enjoy the local meals, participates a traditional Baci-ceremony, performance & music, stay overnight with family, daily activities of the family if you like. Your activities such as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower.
Tour ID: LT-HS-03
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town
Duration: 1 night half day
Departure: 3:30 pm
Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
ItineraryStart at 3:30 PM from our office by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to Ban Vieng Neua only 15 minutes, get warm welcome by homestay owner, the local guide will take you walk around village, visit field, Nam Tha river, local temple. Next join a traditional Baci-ceremony, traditional performance, Lamvong Lao, test local meals prepare by owner homestay, talk with homestay owner, go to bed.
In the morning next day. You have time walk around the village to see real life style of the local people, after breakfast join community based tourism activities as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower. After lunch back to Luang Namtha town.
The Traditional Style House & Ban Vieng Neua
Ban Vieng Neua “Tai Youn” is located about 3 km from the town center, close to the airport. The house is built according to the traditional style of the Tai Youn people, although some modern toilet facilities have been added. The house can be used by the local villagers for meetings, wedding ceremonies and other events.
It also serves as a tourist attraction, where local and international tour companies are able to show visitors the traditional customs and food of the Lao people. The villagers of Ban Vieng Neua are very proud to keep their traditional customs and welcome visitors to see it. They are able to offer a range of services, ranging from Baci-ceremonies, dance performances, lunch or dinner and cooking classes. These services can be booked from: Phou Iu Travel & Eco-Tourism Laos at Luang Namtha Town.
Nowadays Ban Vieng Neua organize Homestay & community based tourism activities, you can stay 1 night or 2 nights get experience the Tai Youn culture & tradition, enjoy the local meals, participates a traditional Baci-ceremony, performance & music, stay overnight with family, daily activities of the family if you like. Your activities such as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower.
- Leader guide “English speaking tour guide” & Local guide “who knowledge tradition & culture”
- Covered transport “Local Tuk Tuk” or Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400 mountain bike”
- Accommodation “Homestay” stay with family
- Local meals depend on season
- Homestay owner Service charge
- Drinking water during the trip
- Cultural performance & Tai Youn traditional Baci-ceremony
- Activities & Participate in the day-to-day work of the family
- Tour permit & provincial tax on net income
- Tour ID: LT-HS-03
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town
- Duration: 1 night half day
- Departure: 3:30 pm
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
Bring a small backpack which should contain following items:
- Shoes; a good pair of running shoes are perfect, or even better are the lightweight trekking boots.
- 2 T-shirts (cotton), one short or long pants.
- 2 pair of socks. Sandals, flip-flop (for the evening in village).
- Towel (or sarong), swimming suits, toilet and personal effects.
- Personal prescription drugs, contact lenses, glasses.
- Sun-cream (waterproof), hat, sunglasses. Mosquito repellent.
- 1 long sleeves sweater and pants, or jogging suits.
- Small flashlight, camera and films.
Homestay: participants must be aware that there are no western-style toilets and washing facilities. Sleeping is on a bamboo or wood floor, dormitory style. Sleeping bags, foam mats & mosquito nets are supplied.
Note: Homestay itinerary is a basic guideline only and subject to change.
All homestay are supervised by Luang Namtha Provincial of Information, Culture & Tourism Department (PICTD), Laos Community Based Tourism (Laos-CBT) & Phou Iu Travel-Eco-tours which means all areas are frequented by tourists.
Send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 50 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la