Trip OverviewOvernight at homestay in different ethnic minorities they are Lanten & Tai Youn. The first homestay is “Lanten”, participate & learning such as: bamboo paper making, natural dyeing, Lanten Baci-ceremony, taste local meals; the second homestay is Ban Vieng Neua, join Tai Youn Baci-ceremony, traditional performance, Lamvong Lao, practice community based tourism activities such as: preparing Baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower.
Tour ID: LT-HS-02.
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
Duration: 2 nights & 3 days.
Departure: 3:30 pm.
Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
ItineraryDay 1: Luang Namtha-Ban Nam Dee Homestay.
Start at 3:30 PM from our office by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to Ban Nam Dee “Lanten village”. After get warm welcome from the owner homestay. Participate & learning how to making bamboo paper & natural dyeing. Go to owner homestay garden for collects vegetable, come back to home preparing your dinner. Participate Lanten traditional Baci-ceremony, have a dinner, talk with the homestay owner & go to bed.
Day 2: Ban Nam Dee Homestay-CBT Activities-Ban Vieng Neua Homestay.
In the morning walk around the village, local breakfast will provide in the homestay, participate traditional weaving & in the day-to-day work of the family, lunch will provide on the trail. After lunch travel visit Luang Namtha stupa, Phoum Pouk stupa, Tai Dam Village “Ban Nam Ngaen” the village who process of making the famous Lao rice whiskey, Tai Deang Village “Ban Pieng Ngam” the villages are famous for their many different handicrafts, continue to Ban Vieng Neua the homestay village, after get warm welcome from the owner homestay, the local guide will take you walk around village visit field, Nam Tha river, Tai Youn temple. Next join a traditional Baci-ceremony, traditional performance, Lamvong Lao, taste local meals prepare by owner homestay, talk with homestay owner, go to bed.
Day 3: Ban Vieng Neua Homestay-CBT Activities-Luang Namtha town.
In the morning your have as time to walk around village, after breakfast join community based tourism activities such as: preparing Baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower. After lunch get the Tuk Tuk back to Luang Namtha town.
- Leader guide “English speaking tour guide” & Local guide “who knowledge village traditional & culture”.
- Covered transport “Local Tuk Tuk” or Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400 mountain bike”.
- Accommodation “Homestay” stay with family.
- Local meals depend on season.
- Homestay owner service charge.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Cultural performance, traditional Baci-ceremony & Community based tourism activities mention.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the family.
- Tour permit & provincial tax on net income.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 2 nights & 3 days.
- Departure: 3:30 pm.
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families
Bring a small backpack which should contain following items:
- Shoes; a good pair of running shoes are perfect, or even better are the lightweight trekking boots.
- 2 T-shirts (cotton), one short or long pant.
- 2 pair of socks. Sandals, flip-flop (for the evening in village).
- Towel (or sarong), swimming suits, toilet and personal effects.
- Personal prescription drugs, contact lenses, glasses.
- Sun-cream (waterproof), hat, sunglasses. Mosquito repellent.
- 1 long sleeves sweater and pants, or jogging suits.
- Small flashlight, camera and films.
Homestay: participants must be aware that there are no western-style toilets & washing facilities. Sleeping is on a bamboo or wood floor, dormitory style. Sleeping bags, foam mats & mosquito nets are supplied.
Note: Homestay itinerary is a basic guideline only & subject to change.
All homestay are supervised by Luang Namtha Provincial of Information, Culture & Tourism Department (PICTD), Laos Community Based Tourism (Laos-CBT) & Phou Iu Travel-Eco-tours which means all areas are frequented by tourists.
Send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 100 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la