Trip OverviewExperience the Lanten culture & tradition, Baci-ceremony, taste local meals, stay overnight with families, participate & learning how to make paper from bamboo, natural dyeing & traditional weaving. Short trek in the preserve forest area, visit waterfall & participate in the day-to-day work of the family.
Tour ID: LT-HS-01
Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
Duration: 1 Night & half day.
Departure: 3:30 pm.
Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
ItineraryStart at 3:30 PM from our office by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to the village of Ban Nam Dee “Lanten” along a dirt road for 6 km. Today you will learn & practice how to make paper from young bamboo, natural dyeing & the traditional weaving, participate the traditional Baci-ceremony & local music, taste local meals, talk about village history with owner homestay & go to bed.
After breakfast the next morning, you have time for short trek through the preserve forest area to see different kind of forest products, visit Nam Dee waterfall, your picnic lunch will prepare on the trail, after lunch you will back to Luang Namtha town.
Season of community based tourism activities:
- January-March: bamboo-paper-making, planting vegetables, sowing corn, dyeing clothes, weaving
- April-May: learn & practice how to grow rice on mountain-slopes
- June-August: learn & practice how to prepare the fields for wet rice, and to plant the seedlings
- September: plant and care vegetable-gardens
- October-November: practice how to harvest rice field and the mountain rice or corns
- December-January: take part in house building and festivals or in collecting food.
Ban Nam Dee (Lanten Village)
Located far from Luang Namtha around 6 km, they are Lao Huay (Lanten) that still keeps their traditional culture and way of life and a good place to observe the progress of bamboo papermaking. Behind the village you will see the entrance to the Nam Dee Waterfall. The area around the waterfall offers good facilities, like a small handicraft shop managed by the villagers; toilets and a house for picnics, etc.
Nowadays the village organize homestay & community based tourism activities, you can stay 1 night or 2 nights get experience the Lanten culture & tradition, Baci-ceremony, taste local meals, stay overnight with families, participate & learning how to make paper from bamboo, natural dyeing & traditional weaving. Short trek in the preserve forest area, visit waterfall & participate in the day-to-day work of the family.
- Leader guide “English speaking tour guide” & Local guide “who knowledge tradition & culture”
- Covered transport “Local Tuk Tuk” or Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400 mountain bike”
- Accommodation “Homestay” stay with family
- Local meals depend on season
- Homestay owner service charge
- Drinking water during the trip
- Cultural performance, Lanten traditional Baci-ceremony & Community based tourism activities
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the family
- Tour permit & provincial tax on net income.
- Tour ID: LT-HS-01
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 1 Night & half day.
- Departure: 3:30 pm.
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families.
Bring a small backpack which should contain following items:
- Shoes; a good pair of running shoes are perfect, or even better are the lightweight trekking boots.
- 2 T-shirts (cotton), one short or long pant.
- 2 pair of socks. Sandals, flip-flop (for the evening in village).
- Towel (or sarong), swimming suits, toilet and personal effects.
- Personal prescription drugs, contact lenses, glasses.
- Sun-cream (waterproof), hat, sunglasses. Mosquito repellent.
- 1 long sleeves sweater and pants, or jogging suits.
- Small flashlight, camera and films.
Homestay: participants must be aware that there are no western-style toilets and washing facilities. Sleeping is on a bamboo or wood floor, dormitory style. Sleeping bags, foam mats & mosquito nets are supplied.
Note: Homestay itinerary is a basic guideline only & subject to change.
All homestay are supervised by Luang Namtha Provincial of Information, Culture & Tourism Department (PICTD), Laos Community Based Tourism (Laos-CBT) & Phou Iu Travel-Eco-tours which means all areas are frequented by tourists.
Send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 50 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la