Trip OverviewThe Nam Ha National Protected Area takes its name from this river. This Nam Ha Experience can be one of rapids and white water in the rainy season but for most of the year the verdant forested banks, colorful water birds and the occasional troop of monkeys are the main attractions. The Nam Ha River awaits the kayakers and rafters with numerous exciting 2 to 3 grade rapids.
Tour ID: NT-KY-05
Rivers: Nam Ha and Nam Tha Rivers.
Departure: Daily from July-November.
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
Difficulty level: Moderate adventure.
ItineraryDay 1: Luang Namtha-Ban Nalan. Approx. 5 hours.
The day of paddling takes us through the thick, in parts old-growth forest of the Nam Ha NPA. A picnic lunch and a refreshing swim mark mid-day. We arrive in the village in the afternoon and take some time to look around the village. In order to distribute the benefit evenly between villagers, trips alternate overnight stays between the lodges of Ban Nam Goy (Lanten) and Ban Nalan Tai (Khmu). That evening enjoy a typical village dinner cooked over an open fire.
Day 2: Ban Nalan-Ban Hat Yawng. Approx. 5 hours.
After a leisurely breakfast we continue down river. The section of the river will reveal the best forest views and the most exciting rapids of the trip. Arriving at the confluence of the Nam Tha and Nam Ha rivers paddle down the Nam Tha for a while before arriving at the Khmu village of Ban Hat Yawng where the villagers will host you in their lodge.
Day 3: Ban Hat Yawng-Ban Hat Nalaeng. Approx. 6 hours kayaking / 1 hour long-tail boat
The third day is spent on the Nam Tha River, which flows through a more densely populated and cultivated landscape. Upon reaching Ban Hat Nalaeng, the group is met by a pick-up for transport back to Luang Namtha. The optional return by river is in a traditional motorboat operated by local villagers.
- Nam Ha is best for rafting from July to November, for kayaking from July to December. Low water levels from January-June may make kayaking rocky.
- Nam Tha is best for rafting from July to November, for kayaking all year round.
- Return by boat may not be possible from March- June and a return by pick-up may not be possible July-September.
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver.
- Overnight’s village accommodation: Traditional Minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities “Khmu lodge”.
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Kayaks and River equipment.
- Meals-Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Breakfast x2.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit and provincial tax on net income.
What to bring:
Hat, sun-screen, clothes/shoes to get wet, warm change of clothes for the evening, mosquito repellent, sarong for bathing.
Send email to us firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: +856-20-2239 0195, +856-20-9944 0084.
All our services, we require DEPOSIT to secure reservation. Final payment you have to pay at our office in Laos. We accept PayPal & Bank Transfer.
This tour we request 200 USD for deposit.
Deposit by PayPal please click the button below:
After finish, your process please send email to us email@example.com or Call: +856-20-9944 0084 or if we got the money from you, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Deposit by Bank Transfer: alternatively, we can receive bank transfers direct to our bank account in Laos. Payment details as:
- SWIFT Code: COEBLALA.
- Bank Name: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL).
- Account Name: Philavanh Unlavanh.
- Account Number: 070-120-100-256-502-001 (USD)
More Info: BANQUE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTERIEUR LAO PUBLIC (BCEL) http://www.bcel.com.la